PUBLICATION ETHICS AND MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology-MOJET is an international, peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal dedicated to publishing scholarly articles on all aspects of Educational Technology. MOJET is an online journal and is published quarterly form January, 2013. MOJET does not request any fee for article submission process. Article processing progress is free of charge as well.
Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology-MOJET is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards for all parties involved in the act of publishing in a peer-reviewed journal: the author, the editor of the journal, the peer reviewer and the publisher. The publishing ethics of Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology-MOJET, both internally and externally, are based on- and adhere to- the Committee on Publication Ethics' (COPE) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (March 2011) and Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers (March 2011)
- The editors of Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology are accountable and responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The editor may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editor may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
- The reviewing process and publication decision will occur without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- The editor(s) and any editorial staff will not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
- Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript will not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author. Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review will be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Editors make fair and unbiased decisions independent of commercial considerations, and ensure a fair and appropriate peer-review process. Editors recuse themselves (i.e. should ask a co-editor, associate editor or other member of the editorial board instead to review and consider) from considering manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or (possibly) institutions connected to the papers. Editors will require all contributors to disclose relevant competing interests and publish corrections if competing interests are revealed after publication. If needed, other appropriate action will be taken, such as the publication of a retraction or expression of concern.
- Editors of Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology will guard the integrity of the published record by issuing corrections and retractions when needed and pursuing suspected or alleged research and publication misconduct. Editors should pursue reviewer and editorial misconduct. An editor should take reasonably responsive measures when ethical complaints have been presented concerning a submitted manuscript or published paper, in conjunction with the publisher (or society). Such measures will generally include contacting the author of the manuscript or paper and giving due consideration of the respective complaint or claims made, but may also include further communications to the relevant institutions and research bodies, and if the complaint is upheld, the publication of a correction, retraction, expression of concern, or other note, as may be relevant. Every reported act of unethical publishing behavior must be looked into, even if it is discovered years after publication.
- Any manuscript received for reviewing will be treated as confidential document;
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors;
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments, so that authors can use them for improving the paper;
- Reviewers should inform the Associate editors on any substantial similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper;
- Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
- The author(s) warrant that the manuscript submitted is his/her/their own original research.
- All participated authors in this work take public responsibility and have approved that the manuscript has not been sent any other journal for publication.
- All matter included in the manuscript does not violate any existing copyright rules and any intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- The manuscript meets ethical standards applicable to the research discipline.
- All peer review publications will be refereed in double-blind review process by at least two international reviewers with expertise in the relevant subject area. Book, Software and Website Reviews will not be reviewed, but the editors reserve the right to refuse or edit review.
- Organising and managing the submission, review and editorial processes for the journal.
- Approving the final version of the journal, book or conference paper for publication.
- Participating in reviews and promotional activities related to their journal.
- Analysing publication performance, data and feedback.
- During review process we use iThenticate plagiarism software. The authors should scan with iThenticate plagiarism or other plagiarism software of their manuscripts before submitting.
- Review process cannot begin in case of failure or missing any of the requirements mentioned in this journal such as detailed biostatement by author or any kind of typing mistake in the submission form, etc.
- The journal staffs never check the submitted data and notify back the author.
- The submitter must provide and maintain all requirements during the evaluation process.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Author commits all conditions by sending the manuscript.
- The manuscripts in which the plagiarism is detected are handled based on the extent of the plagiarism. <10% Plagiarism: The manuscript will be given an ID Number and the same is sent to Editors/Reviewers for review. Between 11-30% Plagiarism: The manuscript will not be given an ID Number and the same is sent back to author for content revision. >30% Plagiarism: The manuscript will be rejected without the review. If authors are interested please submit it again after major revision.
- The Editor-in-Chief conduct an investigation and contact the corresponding author about the plagiarism content in published article. If we will not receive any explanations from the corresponding author within 7 days, the paper may be retracted from our Journal automatically.
Copyright by Sakarya University.Sakarya University (publisher) retain the copyright of the articles. Permission to make digital or hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear the full citation on the first page. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than Sakarya University must be honoured. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers, or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee. Request permissions from the editors at email@example.com
- MOJET utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content, on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.